I will respect and uphold the values of the Glastonbury Neighbourhood Planning Group.
- I will act within the constitution of the planning group and the law, and abide by the policies and procedures of the group. This includes having knowledge of the constitution.
- I will support the aims of the group, championing it, using any skills or knowledge I have to further that aim and seeking expert advice where appropriate
- I will be an active group member when possible, making my skills, experience and knowledge available to the group and seeking to do what additional work I can outside of meetings
- I will respect group and individual confidentiality, while never using confidentiality as an excuse not to disclose matters that should be transparent and open.
- I will seek to be accountable for my actions as a group member and will submit myself to whatever scrutiny is appropriate.
- I accept responsibility to ensure that the group is well run and will raise issues and questions in an appropriate and sensitive way to ensure that this is the case.
- I will not gain materially or financially from my involvement with the group.
- I will act in the best interest of the group as a whole and not be representative of any group – considering what is best for the group and its present and future beneficiaries and avoiding bringing the group into disrepute.
- Unless authorised, I will not put myself in a position where my personal interests conflict with my duty to act in the interests of the group. I understand that a failure to declare a conflict of interest may be considered to be a breach of this code.
- I will attend all appropriate meetings and other appointments at the group or give apologies. If I cannot regularly attend meetings, I will consider whether there are other ways that I can engage with the group.
- I will actively engage in discussion, debate and voting in meetings; contributing in a considered and constructive way, listening carefully, challenging sensitively and avoiding conflict.
- I will participate in collective decision making, accept a majority decision of the group and will not act individually unless specifically authorised to do so.
Relations with others
- I will endeavour to work considerately and respectfully with all those I come into contact with at the group. I will respect diversity, different roles and boundaries and avoid giving offence.
- I will seek to support and encourage those I come into contact with at the group. In particular, I recognise my responsibility to support the chair and other officers.
- I will not make public comments about the organisation unless authorised to do so.
Leaving the group
- I understand that substantial breach of any part of this code may result in procedures being put in motion that my result in my being asked to resign from the group.
- Should this happen I will be given the opportunity to be heard. In the event that I am asked to resign, I will accept the majority decision of the board in this matter and resign at the earliest opportunity.
- If I wish to cease being a member of the group at any time, I will inform the chair in advance in writing, stating my reasons for leaving.